Forums
Moderators: Billi Berserker, pixol, silentpyjamas, glacialfury
Author Post
ALERTER
Sun Jan 11 2009, 08:20PM
Registered Member #2306
Hi ALL!

1) Thank you for SharpE possible best shell replacement that I saw

2) How create own system tray? Your work fine but I need my own system tray In my app...

Please help me
yay
Sun Jan 11 2009, 11:21PM
Awesome.

Registered Member #1225
You might want to jump on the irc channel ( #sharpe ) rather then using the forums for such a request. Our devs are friendly and will likely give you a hand. An alternative would be to email pizol or billiberserker from under the "Contact" tab at the top of this website.

I'm Australian for a reason.
http:// www.thecustompc.org/
gsal
Sun Jan 11 2009, 11:29PM
gsal
Registered Member #2234
Hi, first of all, welcome to the forum. Hope you actually use and enjoy SharpE...

...I say this because I am not sure if you are actually using SharpE or you are just looking for some programming help.

In any case, I am not a developer and I myself won't be able to help; but I think you need to give more details before anybody can even think about helping you.

Like in any other forum, you need to tell more of what you have, what you know and have tried, and what specifically your problem is...as it is, your question sounds waaay too general and seems to reveal that you are waaaay too clueless...so, show a little effort or something!

Are you looking to include a system tray in your application?
Is it also written in Delphi?
Have you read SharpE developer's documentation?
Do you think you could use the entire module?, or
are you asking for the source code?, or
either?, or
what?

Not trying to be mean...that's just life in the on-line forums. And while this is not my forum, I can tell you that this is not a programming help kind of forum...so, we shall see what others (mainly the developers) have to say about this.

gsal

[ Edited Sun Jan 11 2009, 11:50PM ]
ALERTER
Sun Jan 11 2009, 11:48PM
Registered Member #2306
thank you for quick replies

I novice user SharpE I need to add function system tray in my the app I write it on Delphi looked initial codes SharpE but unfortunately could not understand in accuracy as interception of functions works

[ Edited Mon Jan 12 2009, 12:00AM ]
Billi Berserker
Mon Jan 12 2009, 12:47AM

Registered Member #1
Lately I'm getting 5 e-mails a week from people asking how to create a system tray.
I'm not going to fully explain this since this is a really complex subject which took us months and even years to get working properly.
Here is my standard response to any e-mail/qustion about "how to create a system tray"

The System Tray is by far the most difficult thing to accomplish when writing a shell. The problem simply is that there are nearly no informations available from Microsoft on how to create your own tray area. It took us several years (with different developers) and several rewrites to get our system tray to work properly (and it still isn't 100% perfect). I hope you can excuse if I can't give you a step by step guide on how it's working, it would take hours to write this up.

Our tray code is (together with taskbar, etc.) in the Shell service of SharpE:
http:// sharpe.svn.sourceforge.ne t/viewvc/sharpe/Plugins/ Services/Shell/Shell.DPR? view=markup
(make sure to follow the given licence of the files when using it)

Basically what you have to do is look at the MSDN specification on how to add an icon to the system tray (that's all the official informations from Microsoft you will get) and then reverse engineer it.
http:// msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ library/bb773352(VS.85) .aspx
Then you need a window with class name "Shell_TrayWnd" with a WM_COPYDATA message handler. See the msg proc on line 261 in the above posted file.
This window will receive tray icon registrations from other applications, and you have to write the code to completely handle and manage everything in the MSDN specifications for adding and modifying tray icons.

good luck

BB - -email-
Lead developer (SharpBar, SharpDesk, SharpTheme, Skin System,)
yay
Mon Jan 12 2009, 03:30AM
Awesome.

Registered Member #1225
/\ above will be in faq on new site or at least the forum i think.... google can do the rest.

I'm Australian for a reason.
http:// www.thecustompc.org/

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF